Most voters (70-80%) trust the health care professionals in their lives far more than they do any politician (15-20%). Doctors have been reluctant participants in the political process and remain uncomfortable and unprepared to do so in 2012.
Doc Squads™ is working to engage, organize and train these most trusted experts to play an active role in fighting to maintain their professional autonomy. Unfortunately, if history is any guide, the usual game plan will fail to effectively use doctors and their colleagues in the upcoming election cycle.
The 2,700 pages of the new healthcare overhaul present us with a huge opportunity to illustrate how we are losing our most precious liberties. The more voters learn about the contents of the ACA, the less they like it. But without believable and trusted messengers to unravel this travesty, opponents to the law will fall short in capturing the issue.
Doc Squads™ is actively:
- Recruiting doctors and medical professionals
- Organizing state-based speaker teams
- Training speakers to take the message to patients and voters
- Creating a system that allows campaigns and organizations to seek their availability as surrogate speakers
- Creating media that educates voters on the harmful effects of the new law, using doctors as spokespersons
Doc Squads™ is the flagship project of the Dr. Joseph Warren Institute™, a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Our mission is to educate healthcare professionals in the art and science of public policy and political leadership. Doc Squads has the more specific goal of recruiting and training medical professionals to speak on healthcare policy and the recent government-controlled health reform law.Learn More